Volkswagen VW Rabbit Pickup / Volkswagen DIesel VW Caddy

Volkswagen VW Rabbit Pickup / Volkswagen DIesel VW Caddy
1981 Volkswagen Rabbit Pickup aka Volkswagen Caddy

Volkswagen Rabbit Pickup / VW Caddy

Volkswagen Rabbit Pickup / VW Caddy
New Volkswagen Caddy

Sunday, March 16, 2008

A Volkswagen kinda day...Subaru?

It is one of those cold damp white winter-like spring days. It is cold enough that snow sticks to the grassy areas, but the roads and concrete are just wet. Reminded me of a day, 25 years ago when I was driving my old '72 air cooled VW bug. Days like this the snow very wet, heavy, and slippery. We lived on a farm in northern Wisconsin back then, and I came up the driveway working that little VW bug for all it was worth, when I came upon a obstacle in the driveway. Yep, there it was, the parents Subaru brat was stuck. There was a smile on my face ear to ear as I went around the old man with his four wheel drive Subaru stuck in knee deep snow. Of course I did go back with a shovel and help once I got past him and to higher and drier ground. It wasn't like he hadn't done the same many times in the past when the tables were turned.

No comments:

Volkswagen Caddy / VW Rabbit Pickup Truck

Volkswagen Caddy / VW Rabbit Pickup Truck
VW pickups have always been popular with the alternative fuels crowd.